Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tournament Game #3 Mudcats -vs- Bulls

Tournament Game #3 Mudcats -vs- Bulls
ONCE A MUDCAT "ALWAYS" A MUDCAT !
If ever that phrase was special, it held true today ! This was the very last game for some of our MUDCATS on Nowell Field in ALL BLACK !
I guess it did not sink in for me until I realized it was the last game with my BLEACHER buddies too ! I love the support and encouragement we all give each other !
This game is a bit tough to write about ! I'll just touch on the highlights ! The first highlight didn't come from our CATS~ it was those BULLS ! Their bats were "HOT".
By the beginning of the 4th inning the score was Mudcats 1 - Bulls 7 :-(  Their homerun hitter blasted one heck of a shot with bases loaded up !
HOWEVER~~ The 4 inning was our inning ! WE OWNED the 4th INNING ! The Bulls added no runs and we put 4 runs on the scoreboard. Jay, Jackson & Braden would each get singles and Channing stepped up ! It was his moment in time~ The Hammer's 3rd & last homerun at NOWELL Field ! With our bases now emptied Cameron,Will, Trey & Marcus would each get singles. Trey's hit would bring in Cameron & Will. The Cat's would end this inning with 6 runs - Bulls 7 runs.
I can't tell a lie-- I felt some cardiac cat action about to happen ! ( Then again-- it was " HOT" on those bleachers) ! The 6th Inning was Come Back Cats type of excitement ! The Bulls would get two runs quickly bringing the score 6-9.
OK-- here we go, Jackson steps up & gets on 1st, Braden gets on Channing with one more RBI for the Cats and now our score is 7- 9 ! It's looking promising for some Mudcat magic as we had no outs ! BULLS~ BULLS~ BULLS~ just that quick made some amazing defensive plays and our season came to an end.
I don't know what to say now, they were deflated just as we all were ! I sorta wanted to cry- it just had not all sunk in yet! It's fun to watch them play, to catch up in the bleachers, to share facebook stories, pictures and connect in the one way we all know best " WE ARE A MUDCAT FAMILY" ! I think I speak for everyone when I say, deep down, even when "MY MUDCAT" is playing against "YOUR MUDCAT" up on those " BIG " fields-- I will secretly be cheering for "YOUR MUDCAT" to do great~ get that hit or make that catch ( as long as it's not MY MUDCATS hit ~ LOL ) ! I look forward to keeping in contact with each and every Mudcat family, continuing our support and love for West Raleigh Baseball and hopefully one day wearing the same team colors again !
ONCE A MUDCAT ALWAYS A MUDCAT !


In The Land O' Frost Minor League The Mudcats finished with 7 WINS 7 Losses ! Not to SHABBY !
Mudcats 14
games
7
wins
7
losses
0
ties
0.500 average 106
points for
104
points against

No comments:

Post a Comment